Friday, August 26, 2005

Car, living room, earthquake and days after! WY-3 - Part 2

Part 1 is here

But….I responded with the accelerator instead of the brakes!

In few seconds I was inside my living room. Yes! I looked back to see that the car was right inside my living room.

“What the f#$%? The walls used to be stronger in India!” said one of my multiple personalities!

How did I penetrate my own living room! How much do I have in my bank account!? What am I going to do… were the thoughts that were flowing thro’ my mind as I pulled my car out of my living room! Soppu was still undisturbed. I gave her that piercing look and said “We are divorced”. She smiled back and said, “We were never married” with just a few scratches on her forehead.

My friend, who was fighting for world peace upstairs, came down running. If a car can pierce through the wall, imagine the tremors in the room right above the living room! “Machan! Earthquake!” that’s what he was shouting! I gave him that look that gleamed with Pride and Honor! “It’s me” I said, without taking my eyes off the achievement!

The car that was assumed to be a useful piece for in-town activities, ended up to be used for in-house activities! In few minutes, I understood that I cannot do anything about it. So, I said to myself, “Let us enjoy this moment!” and hence the cameras popped up! Digital cameras were luxury then, so bear with the scanned versions!

Inside view

The cops and the landlord came to witness the miracle. They were amazed by the fact that the unthinkable happened! The cop was dumbfounded and this was the conversation.

Cop: “Hello Sir, are you okay?”
Me: “No, I won’t be until I know what the consequences are”
Cop: “Can I have your License Sir”
Me: “No Sir, I don’t have one!”
Cop: “Oh! Can I have your learners permit?”
Me: “No Sir, I don’t have one!”
Cop: “Oh! Do you know your License plate is expired 4 months ago?”
Me: “No Sir, I don’t”
Cop: “Do you have any kind of insurance to this car?”
Me: “No Sir, I don’t”
Cop: “Oh, Man you could end up in jail for this!”
Me: “No sir I don’t want to”
Cop: “Are you the one who just ran the car inside the living room?”
Me: “Yes, Sir I am”
Cop: “I know. I am just making sure that you know to say yes”

Well, after the initial formalities the cool cop took some pictures for some insurance issues. Luckily, I had a way through the mess without doing anything, which the cop handled. And the rest of the day was filled by seeing the mess from different angles!

Front view
Two days after this incident, I was at a coffee shop, waiting on the line to pay for the celebration. A bunch of undergraduates, were enjoying their ignorance, as they were talking about some funny incident that happened near their apartment complex.

This white guy who standing in front of me, with his excitement popping out as much as his eye balls, was narrating something to his friends, “There was dis guy wita huge car who jus slammed in to his own livin room man! That was so damn kool!! I have neva seen nythin like dat bfore!” without realizing that I was right behind him.

After listening to it, I said, “Buddy! It was me. Do you want to see some pics?”

Other view

The funny part of this story was that the whole similar kind of a mishap happened again, to the same wall. Six months later! The cops was rolling on the floor and laughing at us! This time it was my friend, the one who came down running did the honors with a different car. He was not able to match the standards that I had set, but he certainly did well and made it easy for us to get out of that apartment right after that without any problems with the lease!!

Earthquake friend and myself

May be we should have had a Stop sign right in front of our apartment. As for the house, its still struggling without a good door!

Here we go! One last good lookat it!...Man I did a good job!

The Final Look

32 comments:

Priya said...

ahaaaaaaaaaaa!!! u managed to create that wreck??? oh my gawd! u stay right there in the U.S .. dont come here and add on the misery of us ..i.e. the innocent ones :p.. were u the one flying the 9/11 plane?? looks like a dejavu.. thts y asked ;)

..p..

Coloratura said...

way to go, sparky!

and priya: I just have to say your 9/11 comment above is pretty crass and in rather bad taste... I know people who were killed that day.

BB said...

@ Priya

Well...that was a sure mess...and I have been a reasonably nice driver since...with just few tickets et al (touchwood)...and abt 9/11...hell NO! :)

BB said...

@ colo

Thanks

on the priya comment

Apologies for givin a chance for this to happen...Iam sure she didnt mean anything else..it was jus an innocent remark...We respect every soul involved in the 9/11!!

Priya said...

hey im sorry.. i knew i shudnt hav said tht.. my apologies to everyone ive hurt thru tht comment.. wud think twice before i write a comment next time..
..p..

Priya said...

im still feeling bad.. :( sorry again..
..p..

BB said...

@ Priya

No worries...we know it was an innocent remark...its okay....perceptions differ...words matter...and as long as it is not intentional...its not a problem....sensitivity to any issue vary based on ones connection with it...colo approves it...we understand...no worries!

cutefreaky said...

@ bbrao... more than the confusion u and ur soppu created..looks like the blog u created worse confusion in comments section..

neways.. part 2 was really gud.. inspite of my temp.. i was lol... yabba.. at last u are also capable of writin smthing funny...

way to go..ippo theriyudu y u are still survivin on other;'s osi cars and not buying ur own.. dont worry.. am sure..u will end up with the topless car of ur drms..

tata
sukku

BB said...

@ Sukhanya

Yeah comments are always there...adellam freedom of expression...so no comments abt the comments section! :)

appo appo inda maadri comedyum eduthu udnaum...ilati life will be amazingly bored! and strictly ideal!

Enadhu topless car matum thaaana :(?

BB said...

@ Viji...
wonly me possible :) appram ennoda friend wera...so maathi maathi waaalkula car!...paapom dream car eppo vaanguvennu!

Alexandria The Great said...

And I thought I drove badly...he he he

BB said...

@ Alex

I think am a few stepd ahead always...in this case..I jus did not see the wall! :)

Alexandria The Great said...

Once I didn't see the stop sign. I swear it was in a bad area though. There were tall bushes by the sign, I just didn't see it. I ended up hitting a truck! Oops...

BB said...

@ Alex

Oops! thats a bad thing...was it as messy as I did or...?!

Jinguchakka said...

Man! That was way cooool. You have the finesse of Hagar. lol

BB said...

@ Jingu

Sure I do! :)

gP said...

Man! Dude! Thats scary stuff. But rest assured that most of us would have at least once had the accelerator=brake pedal incident.

BB said...

@ Guna

There was no pulp fiction incident...the rules are quite different if its a parking lot accident...and further I said it was a transmision problem... and I was not driving at all....so got away with it with sopme insurance money to be paid for the rest of my life...which I did for say 7 months and for some reason..its not in my credit histroy as well...hope it doesnt show up later!

BB said...

@ Gp

Oh yeah...for sure we wud have had that confusion...as long as it not infront of the wall its fine!

GS said...

my god! how did you manage that? Thats for sure a life-time mess or ... is it achievement?

BB said...

@ Gayathri

I guess its a bit of both...a messy acheivement! :)

Soumya said...

wonderful experience ;-)

BB said...

@ Soumya

I wouldnt term it as wonderful experience...but certainly a memorable one!

gP said...

Bharat! Youve been tagged!

BB said...

@ Gp...I generally dont respond to tags...but this time I will ...may be to make a difference ;)

Visithra said...

Hehehehe this was so funny :)))

BB said...

@ Visi
I had no clue...so I just parked inside! :)

Sindura Rajashekar said...

Nalla map pottirukka [:P]

BB said...

@ Sindura...Summava Baburao payana kokka?

BB said...

How come I missed showing the pics...? Man I shud have done it when u were here...nyways...its history!

Anonymous said...

OMG! that was bluddy Hilarious man Barath! You managed that?! Earthquake..lol..haha! Btw, how long were you in prison?

thanks for the laugh. Still laughing!

BB said...

@ Alpha
Oh yeah :)...lucky me no prison encounters! :)....thats one of the funniest moments of my life here in cookeville...! :)