Friday, July 15, 2005

The Motorcycle Diaries - WY 2 - Part 2

Now that the not-so-typical-Hindi-movie-triangle is all set with Aravindan, Monal and my self as the vertices, we were looking forward to understand who she was attracted to! Aravindan, a true believer of fate and destiny presumed that his single life is all set to crash, with a single glimpse from her. On the other hand a voice popped on me saying “we had a whole lot running ahead of us”!

We planned to leave Gangothri before they start, just to negate the skeptical father-eyes! Waiting on the end of the road, on their van to start, the butterflies started to resurface!!

1920 hrs - A block away from Gangothri!

“Pathetic! Hopeless…and what else in the word that can describe my state now. I never thought I would wait for someone… like this on the road!” I was pissed on the way I was treating life!

“Machi! lets wait and see! May be there is more in store!”, Aravindan was defining perseverance

As the van passed us, we were back, tailgating, exactly at the blind spot staying away from her father’s vision! The van took us all the way to a Lloyd’s road apartment. She signaled us to wait there...Now that we were outside her apartment, we expected her to return with a usual walk or terrace-outing excuse, for exchanging numbers or at least for a coffee. After 20 minutes of nail biting walks across the apartment, we gave up!

There were no signs of her coming back! We decided to return another day and continue the adventure.

1955 hrs – My place, Mylapore!

We did not converse for the next 15 minutes! By then, silence was the best answer for all the questions that were popping up defying gravity!

With just a nod, I looked at him and asked if he is up for it!

He started my Lakshmi and told me to drive it!

2030 hrs – Outside her apartment!

I wanted to earn something for the hours spent on stupidity. The gut master woke up again! I went to the watchman and as usual started to talk crap in the intention of getting her apartment number! While Aravindan was waiting on the other side of the road expecting her to peep out and regulate steam!

B: Watchman, I forgot monals apartment number, do you know what it is?
W: Monal? No. There is no one called Monal here!
B: No Watchman, I remember coming here last time! Her father has a white Maruthi van, TMP 8073. The car was right beside the watchman’s living roof, so I just looked at the number and told him.
W: No. None in this apartment has a Maruthi van. Even this one is some guest’s vehicle.

It stuck me! I realized that she did not signal us to tell about her apartment. Instead she wanted us to wait for her to comeback! As for Aravindan, it took much lesser time, than what he spent on Boyles Law, to understand the situation!

There we were, at the end of the road waiting for her van to pass on!

2130 hrs – The bunk shop

As the Rasnas started to quench our ordinary thirst, we saw the van passing us! In few minutes, we saw Monal looking for us! The amount of love or lust or whatever she had on her eyes as she was looking for us is unquantifiable.

Looking at this, I told Aravindan “Man! If we can produce such amount of curiosity and the byproducts without a single word! How would it be if we were to talk to her?”

He looked at me and said! “Machi, Monal is looking for both of us so desperately, just because we did not utter a single word. The moment you or I deliver a word, she would be running across the city...so shut your *&*%$*&…and make sure she sees us!”

We came out the blind spot and provided the much awaited darshan for our beloved girl! It was bliss to see the achievement on her face. It sure does feel good when you are a part of any girl’s happiness. Be it a girl on road or the girl of your dreams/reality. It makes a world of difference to understand and share the feeling of completeness!

While my mind was in Rome, dancing with Monal along with Aravindan’s lighting effects, the possessive Lakshmi almost ran in to my could-have-been father-in-law’s van. My reflexes helped in swaying away from an almost accident but did nothing in dodging the father’s eye. The moment he saw me falling apart, he placed me well from Gangothri. By then all the previous scenes came back to him like the M.Night Shyamalan’s footage, helping him to correlate and understand that am the Ghost from the beginning!

2145 hrs – Finale

Without realizing the seriousness of the father-eye, we were following the van through the roads of Missapettai market, in the vicinity of my dear old Gill Adarsh, all the while signaling Monal to come out once she gets in to our future property, her home!

The van stopped in a Triplicane street. I guess it’s near Big Street or Sidoge lane! If am not wrong, it was a Sunday night, and hence the street was almost empty…! As the van stopped in front of us, atleast 100 feet, we drove slowly and to make that eye contact. The moment she saw us, she ran all the way to the top floor and signaled something from the window.

By then we did not have time to wait and understand what was going on! So we passed her house took a left and parked Lakshmi.

B: Aravinda, lets park the vehicle here and walk there!
A: Machi are u sure there is not going to be any problems!?

My search for the answers resulted in silence, as we decided to give a couple of mins before we start walking towards her house. The early hide-and-seek games helped us! Peeping from behind the walls, I made sure that her father was not in the vicinity of our adventure!

We both walked all the way on the other side of the road. After a couple of to and fro walks, we both stopped right in front of her house…on the pavement on the opposite side. Trying to look for the answers for the past 3 and odd hours spent. Faint lights, Empty Street, Triplicane smell…I was hoping it to be short! I had no clue of what was I going to do if she was out then.

She was right there! Smiled at us and said something from the top floor window! May be the pressure difference that was caused by our parallel duets in Ooty hill station, we were not able to hear a single word!! The lights were not helping us either. Without our knowledge we were in the middle of the road, trying to get near her so that we can hear or see what she was trying to say!

As we stepped in closer, we heard her whispering “Papa…Neeche!” or something like that! For a moment, I thought, Mother you were right, I should have learnt Hindi.

I smiled at her and said, “No... Hindi” Made sure she understood it completely by enacting it!

She signaled something and pointed down.

As my pupils went down! I saw her father…who was in a hurry trying to unlock the door! For a fraction of a second, I looked at Aravindan. We both knew that it was not the right place to think about the next plan of action. We both started to sprint! As I was running, I realized Aravindan was not with me, I looked back. He was running in the opposite direction!

I was running towards my Lakshmi, while he was running towards nowhere, hoping for me to join him at some point of his life! Lucky-me, the father was chasing Aravindan!...I came running to my Scooty as I witnessed her, saying “that’s the difference between true love and lust! Look at me I am waiting on you...I set you free, you are now back to me to save yourself”

I started my Lakshmi and drove all the way, taking the back roads looking for Aravindan. With some luck he was running towards the direction I was trying to get to! The old father was quite athletic as he was still running behind Aravindan few feet away from catching him! The few seconds we wasted on spacing our posteriors on the life savior…got him closer by few inches. By the time I was accelerating Lakshmi, he had his fingers on Aravindan’s shirt….Lakshmi did quite well on anticipating it and acted pretty strong to escape from the grab.

The nice father screamed at us... relating my kith and kin to his fantasies, when we turned around and said “No ...Hindi”

It took a while for us to get back to our senses! I dropped him home, laughed for quite a while and got back to my sleep hoping to see the dreams ahead!

Even today when I go back home, I talk about this to Aravindan. Sometimes we even drive by that place to see if she recognizes us. But never had we got a chance to see her and complete our existence. Quite often she does popup like this in my memory and says “I was a part of your stupidity”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos!!..to your chick hunt..if I can call it one..it seems to be more of an escapade than an adventure..way 2 go!!

BB said...

Yeah! sure it was an escapade!!

BB said...

@ dumbs! Oh it is...and it still stays there! :)

Anonymous said...

oooiii idhu veraiya..oru ponnaiyum vittu vekaliya?

BB said...

@Sindhu

Pina ...witu wepoma...koodave porandhudhud...enaaikum maaraadhu!!