Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Go easy - Find these movie quotes!

The past few threads have been serious ones! Let me take a break!

Here we are with some movie quotes...! I know that a bunch of regular readers can crack these quotes easily...try and tell me which movie is it from and who says it!

You can number em and list it in your comments! Lets see who cracks it first....and folks don't google it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you develop an infatuation for someone, you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn't need to be a good reason, a bad one will do just as well. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example: in the long run that's just the kind of dumb irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But at the time - it's the charming eccentricity you've been searching for all these years.

I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.

I'm the only one on the face of the earth who realizes that you're the greatest woman on earth. I'm the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing you do -- in every single thought you have...in how you are with Spencer -- Spence...in how you say what you mean and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good...

You fucking prick, we had a deal--you said you wouldn't fuck me and I wouldn't fuck you until we had this fuck out of the fucking picture. You crossed the line, man.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

A woman's shoulders are the frontlines of her mystique. And her neck, if she's alive, has the very mystery of a border town. It's the no man's land in the battle between mind and body.

And oh, I don't know if you're interested in this detail, but I was just about to tell you that I love him. I love him, and I don't care what you think. I love him for the guy he wants to be, and I love him for the guy he almost is.I love him.

Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

10 comments:

Shobana Jayaraman Srikumar said...

well i am bad at this. nevertheless tried figuring out in vain. lovely lines and thoughts though.

Shobana Jayaraman Srikumar said...

thanks for going thru all my posts.. man am really honoured. my email id is in orkut. i dont think i'll want to openly post it here. perhaps i'll fig out a way in which i can give it to u.
happy pongal.
s

Anonymous said...

Stumped on all of them but three.

I'm not a smart man... - Forrest Gump.

A womans shoulder... from one of my favourite movies, The devils advocate and the last one from Good Will Hunting.

Here is another quote from Good Will Hunting

Sometimes I wish I had never met you because then I can go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there.

Parasu.

BB said...

I thought the first and last one was tough! its nice that someone is on the same page!...yeah! thats another nice quote from Good Will Hunting...! The rest is pretty easy folks...try cracking it.. Guna am sure you have'nt read these...becos I was expecting u to crack it first!

Anonymous said...

Ok .. let's try this ... without cheating ...

"I am not a smart man" [ Forrest Gump]
"Woman's shoulder "[The Devil's advocate??]
"I love him for the man he is ... "[Jerry McGuire]
"Real loss is possible [Good Will Hunting]"

One of the first few has GOT to be from "City of Angels" but I cannot make it out ('cause I haven't seen that movie)

-Pulapaka

Shobana Jayaraman Srikumar said...

lots more pouring in huh?

Unknown said...

Dear Baburao,

Awesome to see u stop by my blog...and looks like u have a great poster too...read the one abt the Tsunami stuff....wow..looks like u guys have contributed a lot.....makes me bloody proud....the one abt Nanda was not contrived...its an ol Jungle Sayin..;) neways will use the I am his boy speaking...not to mention how he got some cricketers Photograph..(he meant Autograph..:)

Hows life buddy...keep dropping in...BTW is Ash illiterate??

Shobana Jayaraman Srikumar said...

time for new blog now bharath. am waiting.

Anonymous said...

the third quote is from a movie starrin jack nicholson and helen hunt.. dont remember the title though... yeah! got it.. 'as good as it gets'

BB said...

@ kadir

yep it is!