Saturday, June 18, 2005

Personal Space!!

Everyone in this world has their own personal space! Invading it would be either a privlege or a blunder. It is something that we create to ourselves, may be like an invisible suit that we pretend to wear. In most cases we dont tend to enjoy sharing this personal space. Its precisely the reason why we often tend to see meaningless lights and buttons when we are in a crowded elevator.

When we have this kind of a personal space framed up as we walk and present ourselves, we also have those other invisible spaces that we often want to be neither revealed nor realized. Iam talking about the possession space. The ones that you prefer to keep it to yourself.

I remember this happening during my 11 th standard if am not wrong!

Some day of the week, some time between 14 45 to 14 55 hrs...the old fashioned BBrao parked his Annamalai style (the big hercules ones) cycle and entered the room with the heaviest back pack in the world! Generally, Mr.Baburao (the originator)...welcomes me and spends a couple of mins asking about my day at school...and by the 121 st second there will be a cup filled with the best filter coffee in the world!...but that day he was busy, a phone call, talking to someone that I presumed to be a stranger! Generally, I over hear everyones conversation if its happening in the same room. But that day I was too tired to pay even the slightest attention in the world!

Almost 1200 seconds of halucination, which was a byproduct of the reaction between the body and mind catalysed by the chennai heat, I heard him telling something like

"Barath..?..I think he is just tired, may be he will talk. Let me give the fone to him".

I was wondering if there was anyone else in the room and who in the world was he talking to at this time of the day and why would I talk to that person. I picked up the fone...and waited for the voice! It was Lavanya...! One of my best buddies, and my beloved Mr.Rao hardly knew her, and by then he dont even know how she looks like. All he knew was her existence and that she calls me often and we spend some hours on the fone! Then I realized that I had told her that I was free that day and we would spend sometime on the fone. She spoke to me for a meagre 300 seconds and indirectly said that Mr.Rao flirts as good as I do..! I dont know if its a compliment or a curse! I was fuming...and turned around to give that piercing look ...but there he was waiting with the best coffee again...for the past 300-121 seconds!

I said "Ada paavi manishaa...Idellam konjam overa theriala!".[you sinner dont you think its too much].His reply was "ada podaa wetti...summa fonelaye pesindu irukaan, wera edhukum laaiki illa" [you are just fit to talk on the fone and nothing more]. I hate these kind of translations and the truth in it, but couldnt help here.

Well, by then, Lavanya was surely my possession. Even now she is, in a different way. But I was neither flustered nor frustrated by Mr.Rao's divine intervention! Its the privilege that he gets to have. He knows the golden rule that he has the right to know what I possess and I know that he would never assess.

I often tell my friends that I' am an open book, and in most of the cases its unanimously refuted. They end up listing that under my usual BS. Well, I agree and disagree. When I say am an open book, I mean to the extent of one's right. Whatever one supposed to know, will be made visible to them. Knowing beyond that is a privlege or a curse that one gets to accept. Who sets these rules and how good are these.. is the question, that has an egoistic answer!

Anyways, the point I was trying to nail here is that everyone has their visible/invisible entities that they are posessive about. Let it be a personal secret, or be an acquaintance. Knowing and enjoying those is a privlege that one offers. That offer comes only with trust. Sometimes it happens when one tries to pierce through the circle of importance. Sometimes it never happens even you are in the closest circle of importance. Sometimes its used to pierce in through your own circle of importance. As far as I know, the best way is to wait for that offer without expecting that to be extended. When its extended, one needs to respect and enjoy it because its always mutual.

5 comments:

Irritating specimen said...

i guess each one needs a personal space and they only know the limits ....even if one says that they are an open book...it differs from each person is what i feel...there are somethings that you wouldnt want others to know.....i guess it varies..

BB said...

Precisely! Everyone has their personal space...when you are exposed to some of those, all we have to do is accept and appreciate it, instead of evaluating it and asking for more...! Its a privelege!

Irritating specimen said...

@barath

i guess not all are the same...some luv to evaluate it...its kinda some ppls nature thats sorta too irritating....i know some ppl who are like that..

Anonymous said...

You can understand that some people might take that the wrong way, Bar h. Not that there's anything wrong with your comment, but it seems that some folk just get a kick out of misinterpreting - or perhaps they see their personal development seminars role as stirring, just to jolt us out of our comfort zones!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Bar h, I am very interested in make money on the internet. Your blog came to my attention by following some links for this post. I really think your blog is cool. Unfortunately it was not exactly relevant to make money on the internet. All in all I am glad I accidently came across your site. I am going to tell my friends about your blog. They are very interested in your subject.I am sure they will visit often. Thanks and make it a great day!