Tuesday, June 28, 2005

When reality strikes!- Short story - Part 1

I'm not a great story teller/writer. But a strong be'lie'ver on trying new things. If you are used to my idealism, you would not enjoy this as much as you usually do. But wth, give it a shot!

"Barath!!" unusually, appa was not loud that day.

"Yes am up! appa!", I was up 5 mins ago, waiting on his VoIP.

It took a couple of minutes for me to get up and fold my dear old nearly ruined mat and the blanket that was protecting my dreams on the day ahead. With the few uncontrollable steps, followed by a stopover and a headshake, I was right outside the first bathroom. I always need that 30 seconds outside the bathroom, with my heads right on the door to catch up and take that dizz over.

"Allrite lets start it", I said to myself.

In few seconds, I was outside, in the balcony/washing place, multitasking! Gobbling and looking for her in the next apartment. After sharing a few glimpses of her along with her amma and making those unwanted noises to grab an eye to eye, I was ready to start my day.

"How many days do I have to tell you to wear a pure cotton saree when you are going to sleep?" the adulterated cotton sarees does not take the moisture out of the morning face wash. And it's almost impossible to start my day without wiping my face on mom's saree and the hug from behind.

"Okay doggie. I will consider it next time. Now take your foamy coffee and drink it soon and btw Mr.Rao, do you need your second one?" amma was at her best, and for appa it was just a nod without taking an eye of his keep, Hindu. I always wondered how in the world she manages everything with all those time constraints in just the two tiny hands that she has. No wonder she is managing a whole school all by herself.

After the routine viboodhis and Gajananams I was hoping to pierce through my schedule. I was answering something to amma and was trying to step in to the shower as the bathroom door drove my head through the covers.

"Dei, Buffalo, I am inside. Give me a couple of mins" my brother. It was unusual to witness him being inside the bathroom before me. Then I remembered that it was his meeting day and he needed to be there in his office by 8.00 am.

As for me, "the morning business" is like making love, not because I do it more than once a day in weird timings, but for other unaccountable reasons. The other bathroom at home was western style. Not to take anything from their culture, but I hate western style, it never gives me the feeling of completion. Especially the climax! Sheeesh! One thing is for sure, they really don't know what they are missing. Awkwardly positioned!! Impossible to carry on for the rest of the day. Thank god I am not forced to use it every day.

After flirting with few mugs of cold water and the good old cinthol, listening to amma's don't waste water slokas, I was out getting ready listening to the morning headliners with my appa's 3rd round of filter coffee.

"Dei Dog, what are you doing tonight? How about Anniyan night show?" my brother, for the past few days, was insisting on joining him

"Allrite da, will tag along with Sriram" I stressed, as he responded with a smile, right before his runaway from the morning curd rice and curry. It took few minutes for amma to realize that he ran away without even eating his breakfast. After the usual ramblings and thrashings, she was back to normal, consoling herself that she would feed him more in the evening with some cutlets and chutney.

Well, my usual breakfast was curd rice and the most welcomed hot curry in the middle of the course. It's more of a custom that I had to follow every morning. As a matter of fact, I cannot start or end my day without it. After reminding my father to call my sister and make sure that she has everything for the weekend function that she was planning to host in Adyar, I was out in my old Zen, towards my office.

In few minutes, right after the customary honks for the neighboring sexuality to make sure that she knows that I was out of the house, I was on the roads.

The morning went on with the usual coffee breaks and debugging. The afternoon was with the usual blank calls and sleep control activities.

"Dei buffalo, where in the world are you? It's almost 5:30; have to go to the Anjineyar temple and we might go to Anniyan night show? Where are you?" I was screaming at Sriram.

"Allrite, I will see you at the temple in 15 minutes" he was there with usual IST promises.

6:15, he was there. "Sorry Maaps, it took longer than I expected, Anyways give me a few minutes, I will be back" knowing that I won't mind him delaying his stay there.

I was right there, with my thoughts and eyes aligned on her. I have been visiting this temple, everyday for the past 10 years, but for the last few days this is something that I enjoyed to do. It's impossible to take your eyes off a beauty in a temple. It goes well with both the god as well as women. Especially when you know, that she don't mind you watching her, as a matter of fact she was enjoying it. I always have the Temple times divided in to Saami time (pre-prayer) and Maami time (post-prayer, looking at the beauties). As I was in my Maami time, I know Anji would not mind me paying my tributes to the goddess of beauty. She was breathtaking! "Thank god she lives next door", I said to myself.

Before I could quantify the amount of time that passed by as I was enjoying the beauty of the creator. I saw Sriram talking to her. I did not realize the reasons for the funny feeling that was flowing through my blood vessels. To add more to it, they both were walking towards me. As they approached my radius of gyration, I was not even looking at their eyes. Its not the typical me, never in my life I have given a thought before looking at someone in to the eyes and start a conversation, but today its not the same. As a matter of fact, I was shaking inside and starting to feel restless motivating myself not to bite my nails and display the nervous disorder! without realizing that I have been doing it from the moment they started walking towards me.
Part 2 is here!

1 comment:

BB said...

Ofcourse machi! would never go there without your knowledge! Its on the second part!