Tuesday, June 28, 2005

When reality strikes!- Short story - Part 2

See Part 1 here

"Dei mama, this is too much da", he was obviously disturbed to see me reacting as if I saw a stranger.
"Machi, just because of some stupid idiotic reason like adding your name after her brother's in a horrendous fwd mail, you can't do this to her. You guys have been going out for the past 3 years. Aren’t you supposed to be more matured than this" Sriram certainly did not like himself being the mediator.
I was confused. I made sure that am not seeing her eyes, which will take away all those egoistic absurdities that I had framed for my “self”. All she did was a tap on the floor. It was like "Look up moron", for God knows what reason; I looked up right in to her eyes.
Without taking my eyes off her, which I couldn’t , I said "Dei, ask her if she is coming home for the cutlet and chutney", a glimpse of her eyes did what my mom, father, sister, brother and loads of thrashings from Sriram failed to do for the past 48 hours.

Moments later, I was witnessing her talking skills as she was discussing something that she is really bad at. Cooking!! And for my mom, nothing is better in the world than a sincere student who likes to learn the skill set from her. Certainly she had her way through my mom. No wonder she made my mom say the all important "Yes" in a jiffy, 3 years ago.

Knock Knock!

My brother entered, it took few seconds for him to understand what’s going on, the moment he knew it! He was laughing out loud! "You are so damn hopeless da. I still remember your strong face, when you said you will come to Anniyan tonight with Sriram! You were so damn sure that it will be only Sriram and none else. Now that she is here, I know that it won’t happen. You can't stay put for more than 48 hrs, can you?"

It took a piercing look and loads of thrashings from her to stop him rolling on the floor at my expense. On the other hand, I was lucky to have a sensible brother like him. He had booked 4 tickets for the night show and took appa and amma along with the much needed Sriram, knowing that we need our terrace time to catch up on the past 48 hrs.

After the tatas and see you laters, I was with her counting on the moments I was thinking about her for the past two days. I already knew that one cannot quantify a feeling, but the pleasure of trying to quantify it, cannot be explained. I know that I had been missing those eyes, palms, smell, warmth and most of all the presence. But the dude inside stopped me from being the expressive kind. I was not quite certain on what happened to me! What do I call her eyes, Gravity? Vacuum? Black hole? May be something else which is yet to be explored by the classical and contemporary physicists! I was absolutely no one when it comes to physics, but the privilege of the possessing the unexplorable certainly was getting on my head. Even if I wake her up in the middle of the night and look in to those beautiful eyes! I would witness the inexpressible.

We did not converse for the past 48 hours, even after the make up in the temple, everything was through Sriram. After sending all off, it was the three-stair-walk with the hands holding the hearts! On the terrace with the most romantic set-up, amidst the foreshore breeze and the Orion, Pegasus and Andromeda, she killed the dude in me with just a glimpse. The tiny sparkle that was glancing at me as her lachrymal byproduct evolved and catalyzed the instinctual revelations, made me say it, first. What I never thought would say, “I......."

"You've got mail....” the Celeron was yelling at me. It was 7:49 am, Cookeville, Tennessee. "Come on da its summer and… the boss…he is not in town, wake up later moron, it’s so damn nice why don’t you continue it", I was talking to myself. I was all alone in well lit up room to negate the Chandramukhi factors that was gripping me for a while now.

After a brief fight between the guilt and the dream progression, I was out of the bed, thinking that "Would it have been like this if I was home now, instead of being in this world of reasoning and adaptation?"

Well as I stepped in, the western style was laughing at me, shouting, "IN YOUR DREAMS BUDDY".

After the customary few moments with the microwave coffee and CNN headlines. Nostalgia picked up my cell phone, called my sister and said "What are you doing di? Did Priyanka started?"

It took a while for her to understand my question without realizing that the dude in me was awake and risen, trying to ask irrelevant questions and killing the real me.

After a 7 min stroll, I was in my office looking at my outlook to see those bulk mails in my hotmail folder and the unperturbed desktop icons!

"Barath, kill that dude in you, be yourself. At least tell it to her", I told myself.

I opened my desktop folder, looked at her and finally said "I missed you",

Thermodynamics was smiling back at me!!

5 comments:

ioiio said...

heheheheh.. ROTFL :)

BB said...

Ammam Machi! Thermodynamics...!...it started differently and evolved in a diff way...the Fb sequences are supposidely girl related...! finally I had to sleep with the real gf thermod!

BB said...

Flash back/Fall back sequence da!!!!

Anonymous said...

Indha kadhai unmaiyo poiyo..nalla irundhudhu

BB said...

@ Sindhu

I wish it was true!